Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MIP of alcohol in Louisiana. How should I take care of this?

I am 20 years old and i live in Louisiana. Six months ago I got an MIP in Lafayette. The officer said that my court date information will be mailed to my house. After all this time I thought they were not gong to do anything about it but it just came in. To make matters worse I got another MIP in Baton Rouge about three weeks ago. The officer told me that if it was my first time offense I could do a court diversion program to get it off my record. I noticed that the Baton Rouge police took a vile of my beer and wrote my name on it for evidence. The officer in Lafayette did not do this. He just threw the beer away and wrote me a citation. How can I see what evidence they have against me? And if all the Lafayette officer has is his word vs mine, would it be enough to find me guilty? Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment